About Me

Tacoma, Pacific Northwest, United States
I am a happy wife and blessed mother of four sons and tickled grandma of three grandsons and one new granddaughter. My passions are stamping, memory keeping, photography, and sewing. I love Stampin' Up and teaching others how they can discover their own creativity.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Cards


I made these cards for my dad and my father-in-law for Father's Day. I want them to arrive early and since they have to go out of state I figured that today was a good day to mail them. The truck card is made with the the CTMH Beary Busy My Acrylix stamp set and the Beary Best stamp set. I used Chocolate cardstock and the Creative Basics Cherry-O collection plaid paper. I also used Sorbet Exclusive Inks stamp pad and Chocolate Exclusive Inks for coloring. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the borders of everything. I used Sorbet ink and Colonial White Exclusive Inks stamp pad to ink the edges. I used some linen thread on the fold to tie a bow. I don't know where I got that. But I'm sure that you could also use some floss if you wanted to.

The Dad card also used the Creative Basics Cherry-O collection plaid paper. My card base was made using Sweet Leaf cardstock and Crystal Blue cardstock. I used the Beary Best My Acrylix stamp set for that super cute fisherbear on the lower corner. My dad LOVES to fish so this set was a must have! I stitched borders with a deep tan color. I got the arrows and brads from the Mini-Medleys Antiqued Copper Collection. I used the paper piercer to make my hole before putting the brad through. I stamped dad with the Chocolate Alphabet Large in Sweet Leaf ink and tied each letter with a strand of Chocolate Floss. And I used the Blender Pen to color the fisherbear.

I really enjoyed doing a couple of masculine cards for a change. Now I am off to create a surprise one for my husband for Father's Day! Have fun making a Father's Day card for the men in your life! Show them you care with a handmade card or gift. They will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment