About Me

Tacoma, Pacific Northwest, United States
I am a happy wife and blessed mother of four sons and tickled grandma of three grandsons and one new granddaughter. My passions are stamping, memory keeping, photography, and sewing. I love Stampin' Up and teaching others how they can discover their own creativity.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gratitude

So Friday was such fun with Laura, Debbie, Trina and Journey at Deb's house.  Her scrap area is to die for and we laughed and created and it was SO GOOD to get together!  Our friend, Elaine, no longer lives near us and is out of state, so we each created a birthday card for her!  It's going to be such fun for her to open the box and find all the different cards we made just in honor of her and her birthday!  Loved it!  The only sad thing...I FORGOT to take a picture of it before I sent it!  Whoops!  I'm slipping!  That night I also started my cover for my gratitude journal.  Once I get the cover done I'll take a pic of that so you can see.  I've been feeling like I need to show more gratitude for the good things in my life and for the lessons I'm learning from the hard things.  Debbie and Laura's gratitude journals are the one that Teresa Collins designed.  It's the same idea, write one thing, just one thing each day of something for which I am grateful.  I will start recording these on June 1st and the whole process covers one year. It will not only include my entries, but also photos or memorabilia that I collect along the way.  I am SO excited for it!  Yesterday I got the skeleton of the book put together and today put the pages all together.  I also plan on making some of my own embellishments with chipboard, stamping, shrinky dinks, ribbon and the like.  I'm hoping to offer this as a project class in July.  Guess what tool I brought out yesterday that I haven't used since I got it eons ago?  My light box!  Oh, that baby is so great for making sure things are lined up!  What tool have you recently (re)discovered?  My family laughed that I got so excited but it just made my task sooooo much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment