About Me

Tacoma, Pacific Northwest, United States
I am a happy wife and blessed mother of four sons and tickled grandma of three grandsons and one new granddaughter. My passions are stamping, memory keeping, photography, and sewing. I love Stampin' Up and teaching others how they can discover their own creativity.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Puyallup Fair


In August, at the urging of my scrapbooking students, I decided to submit an entry in the Puyallup Fair. It's the largest fair in the state and 8th largest in the world. I was very intimidated at the thought of it but decided, why not? So I entered the Army Strong layout and a card that I had made for my dad's 75th birthday in the cards division. And then promptly forgot about all of that. So a couple of weeks ago I get a call from my dear friend, Barb, and she asked if I was surprised? About what, I asked? She said, "You don't know?" "No, know about what?" She says to her husband, "She doesn't know!" "Know what?", I said...Then she told me that I got the biggest award, the Grand Champion in my category!! I could hardly believe it! So I called the Hobby Hall at the fairgrounds and they verified that and said that I also got an honorable mention for my card that I entered too! Not only did my layout get grand champion but it also includes $100 in prize money too! The nice ladies at the fair said that I need to use it to buy more scrapbooking supplies so that I can enter again next year. What a thrill to have such an award!

No comments:

Post a Comment